Saturday, May 28, 2022

The unseemly Art of the Error

How many errors are you supposed to make? None.

How many errors are you supposed to make as a submissive? Even less.

And how many errors are you bound to make? Many. Tons.

However, to err is human. Or so they say.

In a way, that is consoling, and yet each time I make one it makes me feel bad, low, because it feels like I let her down. I want to make Mistress proud and not be a disappointment. 

Her way of letting me argue my case when we have our weekly meeting is not exactly helping even if I think I'm getting a little better at it.

In any case I have spent some time thinking about errors, how they happen and how to prevent them and of course also what consequences they may and should have.

Reasons for errors can be manifold:

- unclear rules, or maybe overly complicated ones; from personal experience I can say that clear and simple rules are more likely to be followed; of course errors can still happen
- lack of focus; we all get distracted, confused, bored or sleepy at times, and you are most likely to make errors in that phase
- lack of internalization; that's a tricky one. As I learned recently you can have rules that you accept... because that is what your owner wants. However, that doesn't mean that you do or want to internalize that rule, especially if you find the rule not to make much sense in the first place. That issue can either be solved by adapting the rule so it is more palatable or driving it home and make sure that the ruled party internalizes it - by whatever means.

In any case I'm glad that the rule I was struggling with was revoked by my Mistress. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have been sub, I have been domme, I have a penchant for hypnosis, I have been up and I have been down. But I am always and most importantly - me. Kind, sensitive, loyal and yes - kinky.